If you're one of the millions of chronic pain sufferers, you know that chronic pain impacts your daily life and your ability to enjoy life to its fullest. Since chronic pain usually has a myriad of causes and perpetuating factors, it can be difficult to manage and can have psychological or emotional effects on the patient. Pain control is essential for chronic pain sufferers to live a full life. The success of your long-term pain management depends on flexible and expert responses to your changing needs. Your physician should monitor your progress with regular follow-up and routine recording of pain intensity along with other vital signs.
Patients who experience chronic pain require an unbiased, supportive and knowledgeable pharmacy that understands their specific needs. Our goal is to provide individualized and compassionate care to each of our patients. HealthSource Specialty Pharmacy works extensively with physicians and patients dealing with conditions that require chronic pain management
HealthSource has access to a complete inventory of hard-to-find medications. In addition to commercially available pain medications, HealthSource can compound pain medications in custom doses and formulations specially targeted to the unique requirements of the patient.
There are many benefits to using compounded medications to treat chronic pain:
- Ease of Delivery - Medications can be compounded into many different forms such as creams or ointments; topical sprays and powders; lozenges, lollipops, or freezer pops.
- Combine Multiple Medications - In order to make administration simpler, we can combine compatible drugs into a single dosage.
- Customized Dosing - We are able to reduce or increase a dosage of a medication or remove a second ingredient like acetaminophen. Customized dosing allows our patients to receive the optimal dose they need while minimizing potential side effects.
- Formulation of a commercially discontinued or unavailable drug - When medications have been discontinued or unavailable, we can obtain the raw ingredients and compound a similar preparation.
- Removal of unwanted ingredients - We can compound medications without unnecessary additives and preservatives. We can remove acetaminophen from many products.
Some common formulations of pain medications include:
- Topical NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory)
- Concentrated capsules
- Combination drugs
- Extended release capsules
- Creams and ointments
- Transdermal gels
- Mouth rinses
HealthSource pharmacists are experts in pain management pharmaceutical treatments. They regularly work with physicians to understand the needs of their patients, and develop treatment regimens that result in optimal pain control. We invite you to talk to one our pharmacists to better understand how Healthsource can assist you and your physician or email us at email@example.com
1302 Second Ave. at 68th Street
1000 First Ave. at 55th Street
120 E 34th St. (Lex & Park)