Diabetes is a lifelong (chronic) disease in which there are high levels of sugar in the blood. Diabetes is the leading cause of new blindness, kidney disease, and amputation, and it contributes greatly to the state's and nation's number one killer, cardiovascular disease (heart disease and stroke).
The prevalence of diabetes has been increasing over time, due to more people developing the disorder. Diabetes is nearly four times as common as all types of cancer combined. It is fast becoming the 21st century's major public-health concern.
Many complications arise when patients fail to control their diabetes. At HealhSource Specialty Pharmacy our dedicated team of pharmacists and nutritional staff are available to address diabetic therapy medication and nutrition support needs. Our team works in cooperation with other healthcare providers to coordinate pharmaceutical and nutritional care in order ensure optimal clinical outcomes for our patients. Through our disease management programs that combine education, counseling, constant communication, and adherence programs we help patients develop the tools they need to overcome this potentially deadly disease.
Our clinical pharmacy team is here to help you get the best results from your therapy by:
- Encouraging you to take and/or administer your medications as prescribed
- Managing any medication side effects
- Monitoring your symptoms and response to therapy
- Counseling you on your health condition
- Coordinating new and refill prescriptions
- Working with your insurer to verify your benefits
In addition to our clinical programs for diabetic patients, we offer several convenient adherence programs that include:
- Same or next day delivery
- We bill Medicare and private insurance directly for your diabetic supplies and medication
- Reimbursement specialists are available to help on all issues
- Automatic refills and delivery when requested
- Access to durable medical equipment and food supplements
Call one our pharmacies below to find out more information
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1302 Second Ave. at 68th Street
1000 First Ave. at 55th Street
120 E 34th St. (Lex & Park)